Thursday 14 March 2013

A year ago I was cleaning carpets at a property in Cirencester. The truckmount was roaring away creating curiosity with the neighbours. On returning to the van for more equipment I was approached by a lady enquiring about what I was doing. I explained the process of carpet cleaning using the truckmount and products used. Explaining that this was the most effective way to freshen, sanitise and give your carpets a deep clean. The lady was very impressed by the equipment used and liked the idea of cleaning her carpets rather than ripping them out as she had previously thought this was the only answer to her tired looking carpets. I gave her my business card and assured her that I could give her a free no obligation survey at a convenient time. I thought I might get a phone call within the next couple of days or weeks but no phone call came. I was disappointed that she had not taken me up on the offer of a survey to see if her carpets were worth rescuing.
Approximately a year later, whilst again cleaning carpets in Cirencester, I receive a phone call from this lady. She described our conversation we had had and asked for the free survey a couple of days later. Survey was completed and appointment booked to clean and revitalise her carpets. As you can see from the photo the difference between half the carpet that had been done and the other half that was yet to be cleaned. The lady was extremely impressed with these results as she truly thought the carpets would need replacing. She has saved thousands by having them cleaned rather than ripping them out and starting again. She was a very happy lady, so much so she even gave me a tip! This goes to show how long someone will hold onto your business card.

1 comment:

  1. I have a hard time describing my thoughts on content, but I really felt I should here. Your article is really great. I like the way you wrote this information.
    how to start a commercial cleaning business

    ReplyDelete